Having worked with many clients that needed on-demand changes, I'm competent in self-management and adept at handling such requisitions. Over time I’ve dealt with different projects in various fields including: warehousing, banking, promotions (online/offline), printing, etc. I’m comfortable in most environments (Windows, OSX, *nix) and can adapt quickly. I strive to bring fresh ideas to anything I’m involved in. I’m great with leading others and have managed teams of 3-5 people at a time. I hope my skills can help you or your company accomplish your goals while providing you with even greater opportunities.
Assertively apply modern best practices and coding standards.
Credibly streamline mission-critical values into functional / usable design.
Proven ability to lead and manage a wide variety of design and development projects in team and independent situations.
(including but not limited to...)
• Handled migration of Laravel 3 application to Laravel 4
• Utilized Composer packages to code a dynamic system that powers multiple domains with a custom coded theme system. This allows the company to rapidly release new pages with powerful functionality and design.
• Coded site authentication with oAuth support for Facebook and Twitter.
• Coded a deal system that allows for dynamic coupon creations on-the-fly.
• Retargeting code for engaging users based on activity on the website.
• Handled MailChimp mailing list.
• MandrilApp integration.
• Helped re-brand multiple sites / sister companies.
• Military user authentication (via ID.me) and discount system.
• Created back-end scrapers and front-end GUIs for various state data sites including: Broward County / Miami-Dade / Pasco County / Florida mugshots (http://mugshots.local10.com), Florida Restaurant Inspections and Emergency Closings (http://restaurantinspections.local10.com), Florida Sex Offenders (http://sexoffenders.local10.com), and many others. Of these, some included a hand-built RESTFUL API that powers mobile apps.
• Created a backend RESTFUL API for voting platform that allows secure transfer of JSON data between server and mobile app. This enabled features such as voting and registration from anywhere.
• iOS / Android apps for Voting Platform
• IIS installation, with MySQL support.
• Utilized IronRuby (a Ruby framework with .NET support) to create a cross-platform tool which read templates written in YAML and provided dialog-based applications for WIndows, Linux, Mac, and Web.
• Helped refresh client websites, bringing modern designs back where sites may have lost their "luster."
• Renovated a footwear company’s stock system providing a better link between their warehouse and online shopping cart.
Steve Birstok — email@example.com — (954) - 667-9863